Day two of free agency is starting to wrap up. Well, not really. I’m pretty sure Adam Schefter hasn’t slept since Sunday and the news never really stops. But we’re calling this the end of the day because, well, bourbon has to start some time. Here’s all the Seahawks news to get you caught up:
– Today’s first real hit came late in the afternoon when the Seahawks announced they were re-signing defensive tackle Tony McDaniel. His deal is for two years and is worth $6.3 million.
– Seattle also signed wide receiver Taylor Price, whoever that is.
– The biggest news of the day was of course Golden Tate’s blood-curdling betrayal of the city of Seattle. He has decided to forego football and all things decent and take up a life of crime and depravity in the apocalyptic sinkhole known as Detroit. Actually he just signed a five year deal with the Lions for $31 million. Get over it, people.
– Chris Maragos was also picked up by the Philadelphia Eagles who really needed some help in their secondary.
– After weeks of speculation, the Seahawks finally released Chris Clemons, who will likely be joining the Seahawks’ B team in Jacksonville any minute now.
– The New York Jets have signed right tackle Breno Giacomini to a deal. Terms are not available as of yet. No loss for Seahawks. The guy was a penalty machine and can be replaced cheaper.
– Jared Allen’s name came up a lot this morning in connection with the Seahawks but those rumors turned out to be bogus. Apparently Allen claims he will retire if nobody pays him what he’s worth. Good luck with that, Jared.
– Demarcus Ware was also mentioned a lot but he got snapped up by the Denver Broncos, who have been shockingly aggressive thus far in free agency.
– Most of the chatter seems to center around defensive ends – so it’s possible the Seahawks are looking to replace Clemons and Bryant with some young blood. I’ll keep updating this post as more comes in.