The 2014 NFL season will be here before we know it.
Thursday the San Francisco 49ers released their schedule for organized team activities and mandatory minicamp.
Here it is:
OTAs: May 27-29, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10, June 12-13
Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19
Organized team activities and minicamp are a small part of the team’s offseason workout program, which officially begins April 21 in Santa Clara, Calif. Training camp follows in late July and then preseason play.
But first, there’s the NFL draft. Here’s a little of what our 49ers writers have written about that so far:
– With big draft looming, San Francisco needs to be aggressive. (READ)
– 49ers should trade up for Johnny Manziel’s favorite target. (READ)
– San Francisco should avoid “top-heavy” class of outside linebackers. (READ)
– 49ers might as well add to one of their strongest position groups. (READ)
– Jim Harbaugh scouts hot quarterback prospect. (READ)
– Heir to Justin Smith might be in deep 2014 defensive end draft class. (READ)
– If the 49ers want an offensive tackle, they can probably get one for a fair price. (READ)
– Team can make a good situation better at defensive tackle. (READ)
– Do the 49ers need to draft one of these top RB prospects? (READ)
Follow Scott on Twitter @SJAdams