The Atlanta Falcons have selected Ra’Shede Hageman, DT- Minnesota with the 37th pick in the NFL Draft.
Here are five things to know about the newest Falcon:
1) Hageman is an explosive defensive tackle prospect. At 6’6” 310lbs. he is a physical specimen. Projects to play the 5-technique in Atlanta, but Nolan will use his athleticism to utilize him in multiple positions along the defensive line. Atlanta wanted pass help: Here he is!
2) How athletic is he? Well, how does a sub 5.0 forty sound? At 310lbs, that is scary if you are an opposing quarterback. He also threw up 32 reps on the bench press. No slouch!
3) Hageman is a dominating interior defensive line prospect, however he tends to disappear from time to time. This lack of consistency is why he was not a top-15 selection. However, if Atlanta can get the most out of him, we are looking at possibly the next dominating defensive lineman in the NFC South.
4) His story of getting to the NFL is nothing short of specular.
5) Hageman was a D1 basketball prospect, and also played TE in high school.
Stay tuned for more coverage of the NFL Draft throughout the night!