The Oakland Raiders made their second fourth-round selection on Friday morning, taking Keith McGill out of Utah. In the coming month, there will be plenty of coverage of the newest member of the Raiders. But in the meantime, here are five things to know about the cornerback:
1. He is a big bodied corner that compliments last year’s smaller first round pick DJ Hayden. He is 6’3 and 211 pounds giving the Raiders a Brandon Browner type of corner.
2. Is a little raw and needs to work on fundamentals like his footwork. But is a good prospect due to his size and athleticism.
3. Former safety who converted to corner because he was not able to excel in run defense.
4. Loves to play press coverage and lock up receivers at the line of scrimmage, something the Seattle Seahawks like to do with one of the best secondaries in the league.
5. Once again is a guy that fell to the Raiders and is seen as someone who very well could have been taken higher in the draft. Has the potential to develop into a starter.
For more draft coverage, be sure to check cover32.com throughout the weekend.