The Oakland Raiders made their fourth-round selection on Saturday morning, taking Justin Ellis out of Louisiana State. In the coming month, there will be plenty of coverage of the newest member of the Raiders. But in the meantime, here are five things to know about the defensive tackle:
1. His nickname is Jelly. Yeah, that is definitely the first thing you need to know about this guy. Who doesn’t love a big defensive lineman with a nickname like that?
2. Another BIG BOY for the Raiders. 6’1 334 nose tackle that fills a need for young talent on the defensive line.
3. Some had him ranked as a third round talent. Another great selection for the Raiders getting good value with their picks.
4. Represents another player in the Raiders defensive front seven that can play in both the 3-4 and the 4-3 formations. The Raiders are clearly looking to be very versatile with their formations.
5. His big knocks are short arms and issues with carrying too much weight at times.
For more draft coverage, be sure to check cover32.com throughout the weekend.