– San Francisco 49ers want Colin Kaepernick contract done before camp (READ)
The 49ers made it clear that one of their offseason priorities was to finalize a contract extension for quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The two sides began contract negotiations earlier this year. Those talks were put on hold when Kaepernick’s name was mentioned in a suspicious incident police report in Miami. With the incident now in the rear-view, the 49ers have stated they want a contract extension done before camp. Prior to the hold on negotiations, reports were that the two sides were still far apart in their demands.
– 49ers sign draft picks Carlos Hyde, Dontae Johnson (READ)
The 49ers signed draft picks Carlos Hyde and Dontae Johnson to four-year deals. Hyde was selected in the second round (57th overall) and Johnson was selected in the fourth round (129th overall). Hyde tallied 3,198 rushing yards and 37 touchdowns on 523 carries in his four years at Ohio State. Johnson finished with 217 tackles, 10 passes defensed, four sacks, three interceptions and two forced fumbles in his four years at North Carolina State.
– Veteran WRs in battle for 49ers roster spots (READ)
Until recently, the wide receiver position was extremely thin for the 49ers. The acquisition of former Bills receiver Stevie Johnson and rookie wideout Bruce Ellington now makes the position among the most crowded. The 49ers will almost certainly have Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Quinton Patton, and Bruce Ellington as its primary five receivers. That leaves veteran 49ers Brandon Lloyd, Jon Baldwin and Kassim Osgood to battle for the last remaining spots on the team.
– Has San Francisco closed the gap with Seattle? (READ)
– TWITTER: South Florida assistant suspended for blasting Aaron Lynch (READ)
– The best and worst of the 49ers’ draft (READ)
– This undrafted rookie could be the biggest steal of the offseason (READ)