The Jacksonville Jaguars will kick off the regular season on Sunday September 7th, but there’s another big debut that is coming out before then that we’re excited about.
Later this month EA Sports will release the latest edition of its mega-popular NFL video game series, Madden. If you’ve never played Madden then I can’t express how sorry I feel for you. Watching games is great, but Madden is as close as it comes to experiencing the pro game in your fingertips.
It’s not a fast learning curve, either. If you don’t have a pretty solid understanding of the way football works, you’re going to have a really hard time playing. Playbooks are elaborate, and the defensive schemes mirror what real NFL teams do. Mashing buttons won’t fly here.
There’s no better tool for learning the game and indulging your NFL addiction on a spiritual level.
— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) July 30, 2014
We were curious to find out which Jacksonville Jaguars players would be rated the highest in the new game. Thanks to Fansided we now know. Here is a list of the top 10 best of the Jaguars:
1. K Josh Scobee – 90 overall
2. DE Chris Clemons – 84 overall
3. TE Marcedes Lewis – 84 overall
4. WR Cecil Shorts III – 84 overall
5. WR Justin Blackmon – 83 overall
6. DE Red Bryant – 83 overall
7. LB Paul Posluszny – 82 overall
8. DE Jason Babin – 80 overall
9. DT Sen’Derrick Marks – 80 overall
10. DE Tyson Alualu – 79 overall
Yikes. When your best player by far is a kicker you know you’ve got roster troubles. If you’re curious, rookie quarterback Blake Bortles is rated a 78.