Some quick Titans info.
Tennessee Titans Offseason Dates from the NFL
Report: April 17 OTA Offseason Workouts: May 23-25, May 30-31, June 1, June 5-8 Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15
This Week in NFL History: Reliving the greatest moments in NFL history from April 2nd – April 8th
Thursday Night Prime
Amazon won the bidding to stream NFL Thursday night football. Last year, Twitter won the bidding for around $15 million dollars. This year, Amazon won the bid for $50 million dollars. That’s a nice spike of $35 million dollars for the NFL. One of the interesting nuggets that came out last year was that Twitter was not the highest bidder.
One of the interesting nuggets that came out last year was that Twitter was not the highest bidder. The details weren’t hashed out publicly, but it’s widely assumed the NFL decided that money wasn’t going to be the only factor. A website must be capable of streaming to millions and appear well prepared to do so; as such, SomeRandomSite.com is not likely to win if they secured a large loan.
Last year, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon, and Verizon also bid for Thursday games. While many fans seemed to grow unhappy with Thursday games, I spent the year responding that it is not going anywhere anytime soon. There’s no way the NFL leaves those companies “hanging.” As long as those corporations are willing to spend, the NFL will be glad to take their money. Again, they got $35 million more this year, so…don’t expect it to be gone next year.
Visits, Chats, and such
I received a bunch of feedback from a previous article. I’ll answer those in another email.
Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball is doing a pretty great job of tracking prospects the Titans have met with. Here is his list, as of now:
- Jonathan Allen, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (PRO)
- Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (PRO)
- Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (PRO)
- Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt (COM)
- Jeremy Cutrer, CB, Middle Tennessee (PRO)
- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan (COM)
- Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee (PRO)
- Colin Holba, LS, Louisville (SR)
- O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (PRI)
- Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE/3-4DE, Villanova (SR)
- Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (PRI)
- Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (WOR)
- Leon McQuay III, S, USC (WOR)
- Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut (WOR)
- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan (SR)
- David Njoku, TE, Miami (WOR)
- John Ross, WR, Washington (PRI)
- Dalvin Tomlinson, DT/NT, Alabama (COM)
- Mike Williams^, WR, Clemson (COM, PRI)
- Chris Wormley, DE/DT/3-4DE, Michigan (SR)
- Deangelo Yancey^, WR, Purdue (WOR, PRI)
- Mason Zandi, OT, South Carolina (PRO)
Here is the key for the parenthetic items:
SR – Senior Bowl meeting.
EW – East-West Shrine meeting.
COM – Combine meeting.
INT – Interested.
VINT – Very Interested.
PRO – Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC – Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI – Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR – Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM – Some Type of Meeting.
% – indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ – has met with team at more than one event.
# – indicates meeting set up outside of the 2017 Senior Bowl or the 2017 East-West Shrine Game
Bookmark this page to visit it every now and then. This will help you stay on top of the visits.